2 Corinthians 4:16
So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Plans

Merry Christmas.I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.
One left, One left. I cant believe it. I didnt think i would ever be at the end but here i am 2 weeks out from being done and could not be happier. I will start to grow hair in about a month. :-)
I have not written since i have started my new treatment and let me tell you it has been SOO much easier. It was almost a disaster though. I went into my first chemo of my new drug still thinking I only had 4 treatments left and was obviously excited to be halfway done. The chemo nurse came in and started telling me about the new drug and said, "so you will have a treatment every week for 12 weeks." I said, "excuse me?" as my eyes are starting to well up. She told me that is how the taxatier is administered. So at this point I am starting to cry. I walked in thinking I only had 4 treatments left and now they are telling me I have 12. I am freaking out. My nurse went and talked to my oncologist. I was not sure what was going to happen but God stepped in again.  My oncologist said we can change the drug a little bit and I could get Taxol instead of taxatier. Taxol is given every 2 weeks for 4 treatments so I am back on track. Praise the Lord!! The drug is almost the same. There is more of a chance of being allergic to it but I was not so it will be just as affective as the taxatier which was originally prescribed. The only thing about this one is, it is a 3 hour drip so I am at chemo for 4 hours. I will take 4 hours 4 times over 1 hour 12 times any day.
This side effects of this drug are a lot easier. I have been dealing with some joint pain and finger sensitivity. I am really exhausted but other than that it has not been so bad. I have also been having problems with fevers. I have had 3 since i started this drug. I even ended up in the hospital for 3 days with no diagnosis. They could not figure out what was wrong so the fever broke and I went home. I am hoping that does not happen again before I am done. It really stunk.
Emotionally it has been ok. It is really funny but I still feel like I am in shock that this is even happening. It has been so long that this has been going on and i still look in the mirror and am reminded that I have cancer. I see so many of my friends getting pregnant with their second babies and I have to say I am a little jealous.  I cant even think about another baby for over 5 years. Dont get me wrong, I have the best son in the world but looking back at 6 months ago, I thought i would be in a completely different place than I am now. So now we make new plans. Not only in the growth of our family but in everything we do. How we live our life and how we handle the everyday.  All we can hope for is that we see God clearly and trust him that in all the decisions we make we are listening to his voice.  We walk everyday knowing that God is in control. I know God has a plan for us and I know that he will guide us in whatever he has for us. 
Jeremiah 29:11   For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 comment:

  1. Jillian,
    Once again you astound me...your courage is inspirational...you have the biggest heart and god is smiling down at you, this I know.
    I am happy to hear that the treatments have gone well and that you are nearing the end of a long and frightening journey.
    Cannot wait to see how your hair grows back in, mommy had a different hair style each time it grew back, but she never came back as a blonde like she wanted...
    Love and hugs are sent your way...
    Merri

    ReplyDelete